Date: 02-08-2021Time: 5 PM to 7 PM IST (1:30 PM CEST).Location: Online
Online seminar: Women included or excluded in G20: Implications on Gender
In the context of shrinking democratic spaces, economic crisis and pandemic, BRICs Feminist Watch intends to play a critical role in making noise evaluating G20 spaces from feminist perspective from the global South. BRICs Feminist Watch is organizing an online seminar Women included or excluded in G20: Implications on Gender Equality.
The aim of the Seminar will be:
- To take stock of how gender inclusive are G20 spaces
- How have these countries included women’s input in their Summit discussion and outcomes?
- What has been our shared observations and experiences?
- How can we as feminists engage with G20 from gender perspective and what it means in practice?
- What would be our collective recommendations and way forward?
The Seminar will be divided into two parts:
- Context setting: The first part will highlight feminist leaders’ experiences and analysis of G20/W20 spaces.
- The second part will capture what can G20 be from feminist perspective and our recommendations.
Online Seminar will examine following questions:
i. Has G20 been an open, transparent and gender inclusive space for CSOs from the
global South, especially for feminists?
ii. What has been the experience of participation of feminist delegates and what are their
iii. What does this space really mean as opportunities, challenges and limitations for
iv. How to capture the larger discussions around generational equality and link it to G20?
v. How can feminist politics in feminist movement(s) be incorporated into G20 discourse?
The Seminar will draw on experts from different parts of the world. It will be pitched at the level of those who are interested in G20/W20. The experiences of participation in W20 spaces will be used to disrupt and explore the entry points. The outcome from the Online Seminar will help in developing feminist statement for G20 and inform a position paper.
PWESCR on behalf of BRICS Feminist Watch and in partnership with, The Inequality Movement, Gen
Dev Centre for Research and Innovation, Espaço Feminista and FEIM will host an Online- Seminar –
Women included or excluded in G20: Implications for Gender Equality—on Monday, August 2nd, 2021 from 5 PM to 7 PM IST (1:30 PM CEST).
The Seminar will be a mix of panels and interactive sessions. The discussion will be available as a
resource after the event. The Online Seminar will be in English.
If you have any difficulties in registering, please send an email to Kripa Basnyat at
The event is organized by the financial support from Heinrich Böll Stiftung, Regional Office, New Delhi.