CSW66: Amplifying women and youth to combat climate change: solutions and best practices
Datum: 15-03-2022Tijd: 15:00-16:30 (CET) / 10:00-11:30 (EDT)Locatie: Online
In order to successfully fight the climate and environmental crises, we must center the experiences and solutions of those on the front lines of these crises. Feminist and youth movements from around the world have been mobilizing for climate action and leading climate solutions. Too often, their solutions are not heard in relevant decision-making spaces. In this side-event, feminist and youth-led solutions will be front and center. Their solutions address the needs of young people and future generations, centre human rights and the needs of local communities and their members.
The official side event is co-organised by the Dutch Ministry for Education, Culture, Science (OCW) with Atria Institute on Gender Equality and Women’s History, Dutch Women’s Representative to the UNGA, WECF, WO=MEN Dutch Gender Platform and the Youth Climate Movement NL.
- Robbert Dijkgraaf, Minister of Education, Culture and Science (OCW), The Netherlands (TBC)
- Enaam Ahmed Ali, UN Women’s representative 2022 for the Netherlands
- Lilian Gregorio, Fundación Plurales, one of WECF’s Gender-Just Climate Solutions Award winners, Spanish speaker
- Dr. Kaouthar Darmoni, Director, Atria, Institute on gender equality and women’s history
- Esin Erdogan, Jonge Klimaatbeweging (JKB), National Youth Climate Movement
- Moderated by: Sanne Van de Voort, WECF, NGO Representative on the Dutch Delegation to CSW66
Interpretation will be available in Spanish, other languages / captioning upon request