Rural and community-led initiatives by and for indigenous women
Datum: 16-06-2021Tijd: 11:50 - 12:35Locatie: Online
People-centred action: Debating gender-based and indigenous approaches to sustainability in Latin America and Africa
This lab debate would be used to discuss community-led initiatives exploring the linkages among climate justice, biodiversity conservation and gender, specifically addressing those initiated by indigenous women. The debate would engage participants in understanding the aspects of a feminist approach to climate responses via case studies from Africa and Latin America.
- What led to the success of some forest-based communities in controlling and preserving their land?
- How can women’s access to natural resources, notably land, be increased?
- How can we link ecology and feminism and encourage the adoption of gender responsive policies?
- How does strengthening communities foster environmental protection?
- How do we capture indigenous knowledge to increase resilience?