COVID-19 and Gender Justice: Feminists in MENA defying global structural failure
Datum: 28-10-2020Tijd: 2:00pm–3:30pm CET | 9:00am –10:30am ESTLocatie: Webinar
Women's International League for Peace & Freedom - WILPF
Join us for a discussion on the militarisation and securitisation of the virus; the role of the United Nations in conflict, feminist peace, and COVID-19; and the impact of the pandemic on feminist organising in the Middle East and North Africa.
The event is in English and Arabic with live interpretation on Zoom only.
- Salma Kahale, Dawlaty - Syria
- Randa Siniora, Women’s Center for Legal Aid and Counseling -Palestine
- Nada Nashaat, Center for Egyptian Women’s Legal Assistance - Egypt
- Rola Al-Masri, WILPF MENA Manager
- Laila Alodaat, WILPF MENA Director
With opening remarks by WILPF Secretary-General Madeleine Rees