Datum: 21-10-2020Tijd: 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM CESTLocatie: Virtueel
Join WILPF for a webinar to reflect on 20 years of UNSCR 1325 and the Women, Peace and Security Agenda.
About this Event
There are ten Women, Peace and Security resolutions, many frameworks for gender equality, and countless commitments by member states, but we still live in a world with war and violence, where women and girls are disproportionately affected. Women are leading the way for peace in their communities, whether through early warning systems, peace processes, or advocating for human rights to education and livelihood.
Join women leaders and peace activists from Australia, Colombia, Libya, Nigeria, and Sweden as they share their experiences advocating for peace and human security in their communities. Their reflections are also part of WILPF’s upcoming report about the past 20 years of WPS implementation, from the perspective of women peace activists.
- Ludmilla Kwitko, WILPF Australia
- Diana Salcedo López, WILPF Colombia
- Inas Miloud, Tamazight Women’s Movement, Libya
- Joy Onyesoh, WILPF International President, WILPF Nigeria
- Gabriella Irsten, WILPF Sweden
- Maria Butler, Director of Global Programmes, WILPF International Secretariat
The event will be simultaneously live-streamed on the WILPF Facebook page.
The webinar will take place in English and Spanish.